python sqlites cannot connect specified database in FREMANTLE_ARMLE

python sqlites cannot connect specified database in FREMANTLE_ARMLE

xujun
hello;

I am trying to using python sqlite3 to store my data based maemo FREMANTLE_ARMLE. however, i am less fortunate than usual.
Ever time the application goes to the statement(self.__con = sqlite3.connect("myDB")) it always crashs without any exception,
Even after that there was NO any error messages to be displayed on standard output.
Fortunately the same application can work successfully in FREMANTLE_X86, So is there any body to encounter this case?

The application is someting like:

import sys
import sqlite3

if __name__ == '__main__':
    print 'Create connection'
    con = sqlite3.connect('myDB')  //???
    print 'Connect successfully'
    cur = con.cursor()
        .
        .
        .

Re: python sqlites cannot connect specified database in FREMANTLE_ARMLE

Anderson Lizardo-3
On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:34 AM, xujun <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hello;
>
> I am trying to using python sqlite3 to store my data based maemo FREMANTLE_ARMLE. however, i am less fortunate than usual.
> Ever time the application goes to the statement(self.__con = sqlite3.connect("myDB")) it always crashs without any exception,
> Even after that there was NO any error messages to be displayed on standard output.
> Fortunately the same application can work successfully in FREMANTLE_X86, So is there any body to encounter this case?

I think Scratchbox ARMEL emulation (provided by QEMU) is not robust
enough to run every application. It might be the case that your
application is just hitting a bug in qemu, causing it to crash.

My suggestion would be to do your development on the FREMANTLE_X86
target (even because you are writing in Python, therefore your
application does not require any compilation) and testing on real
hardware (if you own one; if not, you can upload it to extras-devel
and ask people from maemo community for testing).

Anderson Lizardo
OpenBossa Labs - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia
Manaus - Brazil