infinite loop after rm usr followed by (y) on prompts

infinite loop after rm usr followed by (y) on prompts

jjwells1
Youtube video.. http://bit.ly/dneT0

I thought I had to flash the OS, but that did not work so I read in a maemo forum about a command line tip to rm the usr folder.  After typing that in and pressing "y" to the following prompts, I needed up in an infinite loop.

Noob with no idea how to fix this.  Tried flashing OS and eMMC, from win, mac and linux.

Any suggestions?  I'm ##$* bricks and the wife is going to kill me.

P.S.  I'm going to paste this in the forum, as I can't find a match and am a desperate man.