gsoc project 2010 !

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

gsoc project 2010 !

anky-2
i wen through this idea on the ideas- list
 

"Implement small applications and corresponding reusable libraries (Qt C++) for integrating with Google services like Mail (quick read/search without going through IMAP), Todo:s, Buzz, import opml from Google Reader " 
 
It would be nice to develop an application which can integrate with google services... i was interested in developing a reusable api for the google apps and to develop small applications using that and it would also help future maemo developers to build application using the reusable library code.
I think that integrating with google apps is a much needed  addition to maemo and would really help in a lot of further applcations and services.
 
Would it be nice as a gsoc idea and i was looking for someone to mentor me for the same.......
 
--
ANkur

_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gsoc project 2010 !

VDVsx
Administrator
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 5:16 AM, anky <[hidden email]> wrote:
i wen through this idea on the ideas- list
 

"Implement small applications and corresponding reusable libraries (Qt C++) for integrating with Google services like Mail (quick read/search without going through IMAP), Todo:s, Buzz, import opml from Google Reader " 
 
It would be nice to develop an application which can integrate with google services... i was interested in developing a reusable api for the google apps and to develop small applications using that and it would also help future maemo developers to build application using the reusable library code.
I think that integrating with google apps is a much needed  addition to maemo and would really help in a lot of further applcations and services.
 
Would it be nice as a gsoc idea and i was looking for someone to mentor me for the same.......

The selected organizations will be announced today, after that, if we are chosen, we'll attribute mentors to the projects in the list.
There's a similar project idea under the Qt organization: http://groups.google.com/group/qt-gsoc/web/project-ideas

Best regards,

--
Valério Valério

http://www.valeriovalerio.org

 
--
ANkur

_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers






_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gsoc project 2010 !

VDVsx
Administrator
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM, anky <[hidden email]> wrote:
wen through the idea at ur referred link...i wanted to do something
like that only...just that it would integrated using maemo libraries.
I wanted to know about hows the idea and is it something like that
because somebody else has already mentioned it somewere, that i can
not use it...because i dont think thats the case. Thank you

Qt was not chosen as a organization for GSoC, so we (maemo.org) will continue promotion this idea.

Best regards,

 --
Valério Valério

http://www.valeriovalerio.org
 

On 3/18/10, Valerio Valerio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 5:16 AM, anky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> i wen through this idea on the ideas- list
>>
>>
>> "Implement small applications and corresponding reusable libraries (Qt
>> C++)
>> for integrating with Google services like Mail (quick read/search without
>> going through IMAP), Todo:s, Buzz, import opml from Google Reader "
>>
>> It would be nice to develop an application which can integrate with google
>> services... i was interested in developing a reusable api for the google
>> apps and to develop small applications using that and it would also help
>> future maemo developers to build application using the reusable library
>> code.
>> I think that integrating with google apps is a much needed  addition to
>> maemo and would really help in a lot of further applcations and services.
>>
>> Would it be nice as a gsoc idea and i was looking for someone to mentor me
>> for the same.......
>>
>
> The selected organizations will be announced today, after that, if we are
> chosen, we'll attribute mentors to the projects in the list.
> There's a similar project idea under the Qt organization:
> http://groups.google.com/group/qt-gsoc/web/project-ideas
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Valério Valério
>
> http://www.valeriovalerio.org
>
>
>> --
>> ANkur
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> maemo-developers mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
>>
>>
>


--
ANKY





_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gsoc project 2010 !

anky-2
In reply to this post by anky-2
i had a doubt in developing my gapps wrapper, i have two options.. 1 being to use the libcurl library and the other is to use qt. 
i have my experience in qt and currently i am new to libcurl but i sure can learn it. 
i wanted to know which one would be better and reasons for it. 
thanks ! 

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Max <[hidden email]> wrote:
the messenger is http://retromessenger.sf.net  with wx gui
based on library of http://Retroshare.sf.net  (qt gui)
you like p2p filesharing  apps too ?

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 4:27 PM, anky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> can u tell me more about your project or send me some link so that i can
> have a look.
> thanks !
>
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Max <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> hi
>> we develop a wx messenger for mobile apps
>> wanna join ?
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:16 AM, anky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > i wen through this idea on the ideas- list
>> >
>> > "Implement small applications and corresponding reusable libraries (Qt
>> > C++)
>> > for integrating with Google services like Mail (quick read/search
>> > without
>> > going through IMAP), Todo:s, Buzz, import opml from Google Reader "
>> >
>> > It would be nice to develop an application which can integrate with
>> > google
>> > services... i was interested in developing a reusable api for the google
>> > apps and to develop small applications using that and it would also help
>> > future maemo developers to build application using the reusable library
>> > code.
>> > I think that integrating with google apps is a much needed  addition to
>> > maemo and would really help in a lot of further applcations and
>> > services.
>> >
>> > Would it be nice as a gsoc idea and i was looking for someone to mentor
>> > me
>> > for the same.......
>> >
>> > --
>> > ANkur
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > maemo-developers mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
>> >
>> >
>
>
>
> --
> ANKY
>



--
ANKY

_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gsoc project 2010 !

Ville M. Vainio
On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 5:26 PM, anky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i had a doubt in developing my gapps wrapper, i have two options.. 1 being
> to use the libcurl library and the other is to use qt.
> i have my experience in qt and currently i am new to libcurl but i sure can
> learn it.
> i wanted to know which one would be better and reasons for it.
> thanks !

(I am the one who suggested this idea for Maemo).

I'd suggest trying to retain plain QtCore as the only dependency, as
much as possible.  You might get more free functionality out from
libcurl, but it would probably be more fat a dependency than strictly
necessary.

Also, whatever you build in between will be useful for Qt apps in general.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio
_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Tor
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gsoc project 2010 !

Tor
On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 17:02, Ville M. Vainio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 5:26 PM, anky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> i had a doubt in developing my gapps wrapper, i have two options.. 1 being
>> to use the libcurl library and the other is to use qt.
>> i have my experience in qt and currently i am new to libcurl but i sure can
>> learn it.
>> i wanted to know which one would be better and reasons for it.
>> thanks !
>
> I'd suggest trying to retain plain QtCore as the only dependency, as
> much as possible.  You might get more free functionality out from
> libcurl, but it would probably be more fat a dependency than strictly
> necessary.
[..]

Sorry for jumping in here, but the above advice confuses me. I'm not
very familiar with Qt, but from what I see at
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qtcore.html QtCore is a user interface
API. LIbcurl is a multiprotocol file/data transfer library.  QtCore
doesn't seem to implement any API for that.  If networking is needed
for the application then Libcurl is a very good (and widely used)
library for that.

-Tor
_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gsoc project 2010 !

Ville M. Vainio
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Tor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry for jumping in here, but the above advice confuses me. I'm not
> very familiar with Qt, but from what I see at
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qtcore.html QtCore is a user interface

QtGui is the user interface API, QtCore / QtNetwork / etc. provide the
necessary plumbing.

E.g.  QNetworkAccessManager could probably be used instead of libcurl.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio
_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gsoc project 2010 !

anky-2
@Tor
 
refer to this example to know how qt can be used to  communicate to a web service through requests through its QNetworkAccessManager class...in this case a REST client has been made.


 
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Ville M. Vainio <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Tor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry for jumping in here, but the above advice confuses me. I'm not
> very familiar with Qt, but from what I see at
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qtcore.html QtCore is a user interface

QtGui is the user interface API, QtCore / QtNetwork / etc. provide the
necessary plumbing.

E.g.  QNetworkAccessManager could probably be used instead of libcurl.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio
_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers



--
ANKY

_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Fwd: gsoc project 2010 !

anky-2


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: anky <[hidden email]>
Date: Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: gsoc project 2010 !
To: "Ville M. Vainio" <[hidden email]>


on my recent conversations with frank, and thinking and brainstorming over it... i have got this idea of adding an application that would allow users to sync with their google docs especially since it now offers online storage for any kind of file( and not just office documents). It would be nice to have it included in the framework. what say ?? 

also..i have been having some issues of accessing gmail inbox mails... can somebody brief me over accessing inbox feeds through the google inbox feed API... which authorization to be used( OAuth or ClientLogin API) and wether we can access the mail feeds without being an administrator of a domain or u need a domain for it ?? ( i personally have studied these things but am a little confused and wanted things to be cleared out before i submit my final proposal)... awaiting reply soon. 
thanks ! 


On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 7:01 AM, anky <[hidden email]> wrote:
@Tor
 
refer to this example to know how qt can be used to  communicate to a web service through requests through its QNetworkAccessManager class...in this case a REST client has been made.


 
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Ville M. Vainio <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Tor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry for jumping in here, but the above advice confuses me. I'm not
> very familiar with Qt, but from what I see at
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qtcore.html QtCore is a user interface

QtGui is the user interface API, QtCore / QtNetwork / etc. provide the
necessary plumbing.

E.g.  QNetworkAccessManager could probably be used instead of libcurl.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio
_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers



--
ANKY



--
ANKY



--
ANKY

_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Loading...