Troubles with reflashing n900

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Troubles with reflashing n900

James Brown
I reflashed my n900 in the case of crashing it after installing the
latest version of CSSU Thumb, I installed the latest version of the
kernel power (including u-boot) and the latest CSSU testing.
It worked well but after restoring packeges I used earlier my device
does not load - after loading u-boot menu and choicing the kernel for
loading it writes "malformed function" and does not want to load.
I tried to reflash it but when I connect it to my PC instead reflashing
it loads u-boot menu.
What I need to do for restore my device?
_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Troubles with reflashing n900

Paul Hartman-3
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, James Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I reflashed my n900 in the case of crashing it after installing the
> latest version of CSSU Thumb, I installed the latest version of the
> kernel power (including u-boot) and the latest CSSU testing.
> It worked well but after restoring packeges I used earlier my device
> does not load - after loading u-boot menu and choicing the kernel for
> loading it writes "malformed function" and does not want to load.
> I tried to reflash it but when I connect it to my PC instead reflashing
> it loads u-boot menu.
> What I need to do for restore my device?

Try to slide the keyboard "almost" open, barely enough to touch the
"U" key, but not all the way open enough for the boot menu to take
over.

Try to start flasher before plugging in USB, so it is trying instantly
when you attach the device.

Good luck :)
_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Troubles with reflashing n900

Joerg Reisenweber
On Mon 13 May 2013 20:23:16 Paul Hartman wrote:

> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, James Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I reflashed my n900 in the case of crashing it after installing the
> > latest version of CSSU Thumb, I installed the latest version of the
> > kernel power (including u-boot) and the latest CSSU testing.
> > It worked well but after restoring packeges I used earlier my device
> > does not load - after loading u-boot menu and choicing the kernel for
> > loading it writes "malformed function" and does not want to load.
> > I tried to reflash it but when I connect it to my PC instead reflashing
> > it loads u-boot menu.
> > What I need to do for restore my device?
>
> Try to slide the keyboard "almost" open, barely enough to touch the
> "U" key, but not all the way open enough for the boot menu to take
> over.

That won't help since NOLO - which catches "U" for entering flashing mode -
gets invoked *before* bootmenu.

>
> Try to start flasher before plugging in USB, so it is trying instantly
> when you attach the device.

This is correct advice

/j
--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments
_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Troubles with reflashing n900

James Brown
joerg Reisenweber:
> On Mon 13 May 2013 20:23:16 Paul Hartman wrote:
>> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, James Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>
>> Try to start flasher before plugging in USB, so it is trying instantly
>> when you attach the device.
>
> This is correct advice
>
> /j

I always do it but it doesn't work.
_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Troubles with reflashing n900

James Brown
In reply to this post by Paul Hartman-3
Paul Hartman:

> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, James Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I reflashed my n900 in the case of crashing it after installing the
>> latest version of CSSU Thumb, I installed the latest version of the
>> kernel power (including u-boot) and the latest CSSU testing.
>> It worked well but after restoring packeges I used earlier my device
>> does not load - after loading u-boot menu and choicing the kernel for
>> loading it writes "malformed function" and does not want to load.
>> I tried to reflash it but when I connect it to my PC instead reflashing
>> it loads u-boot menu.
>> What I need to do for restore my device?
>
> Try to slide the keyboard "almost" open, barely enough to touch the
> "U" key, but not all the way open enough for the boot menu to take
> over.
>
 I try it but have no needed effect - neither u-boot loads nor flashing
starts.
_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Troubles with reflashing n900

Joerg Reisenweber
In reply to this post by James Brown
On Mon 13 May 2013 20:50:50 James Brown wrote:

> joerg Reisenweber:
> > On Mon 13 May 2013 20:23:16 Paul Hartman wrote:
> >> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, James Brown <[hidden email]>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >> Try to start flasher before plugging in USB, so it is trying instantly
> >> when you attach the device.
> >
> > This is correct advice
> >
> > /j
>
> I always do it but it doesn't work.


tHEN YOUR BATTERY IS TOO WEAK FOR FLASHING. sINCE OBVIOUSLY YOUR SYSTEM
DOESN'T BOOT UP INTO LINUX SO IT COULD DO PROPER CHARGING, YOU SEEM TO HAVE
RUN INTO AGE OLD BATTERY-EMPTY DEADLOCK
damn, capslock. sorry, too lazy to retype.
Charge your battery by external means!
/j
--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments
_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Troubles with reflashing n900

Paul Hartman-3
In reply to this post by Joerg Reisenweber
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM, joerg Reisenweber <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Try to slide the keyboard "almost" open, barely enough to touch the
>> "U" key, but not all the way open enough for the boot menu to take
>> over.
>
> That won't help since NOLO - which catches "U" for entering flashing mode -
> gets invoked *before* bootmenu.

I did not realize that, thank you for the correct info!
_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Troubles with reflashing n900 (resolved)

James Brown
In reply to this post by Joerg Reisenweber
joerg Reisenweber:

> On Mon 13 May 2013 20:50:50 James Brown wrote:
>> joerg Reisenweber:
>>> On Mon 13 May 2013 20:23:16 Paul Hartman wrote:
>>>> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, James Brown <[hidden email]>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Try to start flasher before plugging in USB, so it is trying instantly
>>>> when you attach the device.
>>>
>>> This is correct advice
>>>
>>> /j
>>
>> I always do it but it doesn't work.
>
>
> tHEN YOUR BATTERY IS TOO WEAK FOR FLASHING. sINCE OBVIOUSLY YOUR SYSTEM
> DOESN'T BOOT UP INTO LINUX SO IT COULD DO PROPER CHARGING, YOU SEEM TO HAVE
> RUN INTO AGE OLD BATTERY-EMPTY DEADLOCK
> damn, capslock. sorry, too lazy to retype.
> Charge your battery by external means!
> /j


Thanks, it was a problem with the level of charge of battery...
When I installed a full-charged battery it have reflashed without problems.
Sorry. I saw that the indicator shown that the battery was charging and
thought that the level of its charge was enough... I was wrong...
_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users
Loading...