N900: water damage

~D

N900: water damage

~D
Hi,

A little bit of water was slipping from my bottle and hit my n900. First
the screen was falling away sometimes. Then I saw a little water on the
keybd when I moved the keybd out and in. I powered the phone off and
waited for a few hours. When I didn't see any water anymore, I powered
it on, it looks to behave normal again, until I tried to charge it,
which didn't work. Then I noticed that I couldn't turn it off normally,
so I removed the battery to turn it off. Since then I can't boot my
n900. Only a white nokia screen flashes on, and disappears after 20 sec
or so. When I charge it, the orange light stays on constantly, that
doesn't look normal too. I did use the power kernel.

Anything I can do to safe my device?

Thanks in advance,
Dirk

Re: N900: water damage

Aniello Del Sorbo
So good knowledge has been shared here:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Dropped-your-phone-in-water-Here-s-what-to-do-next/td-p/380349

anidel

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:06 PM, ~D <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Abubakar
this is more suited for tmo if u have not asked this there already.
you'll get purrrty good advices there.