German Maemo OS on US device?

Christopher Intemann-3
Hi,
is it possible to install the German localisation of Maemo-OS on a US device?
I'm wondering how open Maemo *really* is.
Thanks,
  Chris

Re: German Maemo OS on US device?

Robin Burchell-2
On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Christopher Intemann
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> is it possible to install the German localisation of Maemo-OS on a US
> device?
> I'm wondering how open Maemo *really* is.

I'd think it would work fine. Physically as far as I know, the
hardware is all identical, it's just the image that differs somewhat
I'd imagine. (Disclaimer: I've not actually tried this)

If localisation is the only issue, though, why not change device
language from the settings app? I run my (UK purchased) phone in
Norwegian for instance.

> Thanks,
>   Chris

Robin Burchell
mob: +447702671419
msn: [hidden email]
irc: w00t @ irc.freenode.net
twr: http://twitter.com/w00teh
lac: http://identi.ca/w00t

Re: German Maemo OS on US device?

VDVsx
Administrator

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Christopher Intemann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
is it possible to install the German localisation of Maemo-OS on a US device?
I'm wondering how open Maemo *really* is.

Humm, can't you change the language via settings ? If there's some specific FW for the US version, the easy way is reflash the device with the global FW.

Best regards,

--
Valério Valério

http://www.valeriovalerio.org

Thanks,
  Chris

Re: German Maemo OS on US device?

Timo Härkönen
Hi

2010/3/13 Christopher Intemann <[hidden email]>
Hi,
is it possible to install the German localisation of Maemo-OS on a US device?
I'm wondering how open Maemo *really* is.
Thanks,
  Chris

Just change the locale setting from settings or select German on first boot.

-Timo

Re: German Maemo OS on US device?

Xavier Bestel
Le samedi 13 mars 2010 à 14:13 +0100, Christopher Intemann a écrit :
> Hi,
> is it possible to install the German localisation of Maemo-OS on a US device?
> I'm wondering how open Maemo *really* is.

I've just set my US N900 to French, and it all works well.
Just don't forget to keep the keyboard set to English/Netherlands (it's
not autodetected).

        Xav