[GSoC] - Interested in Canola project

Denis Weerasiri
Hi devs,
I am Denis Weerasiri, a final year student from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am hoping to participate in GSOC 2010 program. This would be my second GSOC. Last year I worked in and successfully completed Apache ODE project titled "Web-based BPEL debugger for Apache ODE". [1]

I'm interested in Canola project, but I couldn't find any documentation regarding this in https://garage.maemo.org/projects/canola/ . And I saw the project idea "Canola UPNP plugin" via http://wiki.maemo.org/GSoC_2010/Project_ideas and got and read few documents about the UPNP protocols. Can anyone redirect me if there's any source which I can get an overall idea of this project?

Best Regards,
Denis Weerasiri

[1] - http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/asf/t124021709857

Re: [GSoC] - Interested in Canola project

Marcin Juszkiewicz-2
Dnia czwartek, 18 marca 2010 o 14:49:54 Denis Weerasiri napisał(a):

> I'm interested in Canola project, but I couldn't find any documentation
> regarding this

First would be nice to contact Canola authors to get information do they plan
any development of it. Application require changes to follow Maemo5 style
(placement of back button for example).

http://openbossa.indt.org/canola/add.html lists UPNP plugin already

> and got and read few documents about the UPNP protocols. Can anyone redirect
> me if there's any source which I can get an overall idea of this project?

http://openbossa.indt.org/canola/ probably

JID:      [hidden email]
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz

Re: [GSoC] - Interested in Canola project

VDVsx
Administrator
Hi,

2010/3/18 Marcin Juszkiewicz <[hidden email]>
Dnia czwartek, 18 marca 2010 o 14:49:54 Denis Weerasiri napisał(a):

> I'm interested in Canola project, but I couldn't find any documentation
> regarding this

First would be nice to contact Canola authors to get information do they plan
any development of it. Application require changes to follow Maemo5 style
(placement of back button for example).

Exactly, the application doesn't work fully under Maemo5, so this is a low priority project, first we need a fully working Canola for Maemo5.

Best regards,

--
Valério Valério

http://www.valeriovalerio.org

> And I saw the project idea "*Canola UPNP plugin*" via
> http://wiki.maemo.org/GSoC_2010/Project_ideas

http://openbossa.indt.org/canola/add.html lists UPNP plugin already

> and got and read few documents about the UPNP protocols. Can anyone redirect
> me if there's any source which I can get an overall idea of this project?

http://openbossa.indt.org/canola/ probably

JID:      [hidden email]
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz

Re: [GSoC] - Interested in Canola project

Denis Weerasiri
Hi devs,
I wrote draft Proposal for the Project "Canola UPnP Plugin" and its available at [1]. Though I have added the content, some typos and formatting still need to be improved. I'll fix those issues as soon as possible.
Your feed backs on changes or improvements to the proposal is highly appreciated.

[1] http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/user/ddweerasiri/canola_upnp_plugin

Best Regards,
Denis Weerasiri
http://ddweerasiri.blogspot.com