Fw: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Fw: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]

Marcin Mielniczuk

I resend this as I sent it from wrong mail address :P
--
Sent from my Nokia N900
Marcin


Hi,

I have some debug info about eglibc I compiled but causes many problems.

I'm attaching gdb logs from Calendar and Angry Birds Classic for MeeGo, the 2nd one run thru MeeCoLay. Calendar from libc6 2.10 only, the AB problem exist with both version of glibc. hth.

I've got some more info about problems with libc6 from "gcc 4.6 and fremantle thread", I'll send it later.

I'm not at home and have a limited internet access, so I won't be able to attend.
--
Sent from my Nokia N900
Marcin

On Thu Aug  2 2012 10:38:47 AM CEST, Ивайло Димитров <[hidden email]> wrote:


>  Hi all,
>
> Following the attached mail, I would like to propose a meeting of CSSU
> team and everyone who is involved/interested. The meeting to be help on
> #maemo-ssu IRC channel on freenode.net , today, 02.08.2012 18:00 UTC.
>
> Topics to be discussed:
>
> 1. Inclusion of kernel replacement in CSSU (community kernel) and
> possibilities of a kernel upgrade to a newer version. 2. Upgrade of
> toolchain used to build CSSU stuff. 3. glibc/kernel pselect() fix and
> evaluation/planning of glibc upgrade to a newer version.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ivaylo Dimitrov (freemangordon)
>
>
>
>

<Attachment>  CSSU meeting


_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Fwd: Fw: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]

Iván Gálvez Junquera
Hi

I'm resending this message as I have noticed that it was rejected by maemo-developers mailing list as I wasn't properly subscribed.

I'd also like to comment that it would be useful to have scheduled meetings, considering the big momentum and the quantity of developers and contributors that CSSU is receiving. At least if it doesn't increase the overhead of the project.

Merlin1991,

Being the maintainer of CSSU, could you please provide, maybe via mailing list, the minutes of the meeting with a brief summary of the decisions adopted?

I know that logs are available, but there has been a lot of argumentation after the meeting, and It is appreciated if you can clarify which direction that is going to be adopted, specially about KP.

Regards and thanks for all the time you are investing on this.

Regards
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Iván Gálvez Junquera <[hidden email]>
Date: 2012/8/11
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]
To: [hidden email], [hidden email]
Cc: Ивайло Д <[hidden email]>, Christian Ratzenhofer <[hidden email]>


Merlin1991,

Being the maintainer of CSSU, could you please provide, maybe via mailing list, the minutes of the meeting with a brief summary of the decisions adopted?

I know that logs are available, but there has been a lot of argumentation after the meeting, and It is appreciated if you can clarify which direction that is going to be adopted, specially about KP.

Regards and thanks for all the time you are investing on this.

2012/8/2 Marcin Mielniczuk <[hidden email]>

I resend this as I sent it from wrong mail address :P

--
Sent from my Nokia N900
Marcin



---------- Mensaje reenviado ----------
From: Marcin Mielniczuk <[hidden email]>
To: "Ивайло Д" <[hidden email]>, [hidden email], [hidden email]
Cc: 
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:50:10 +0200
Subject: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]

Hi,

I have some debug info about eglibc I compiled but causes many problems.

I'm attaching gdb logs from Calendar and Angry Birds Classic for MeeGo, the 2nd one run thru MeeCoLay. Calendar from libc6 2.10 only, the AB problem exist with both version of glibc. hth.

I've got some more info about problems with libc6 from "gcc 4.6 and fremantle thread", I'll send it later.

I'm not at home and have a limited internet access, so I won't be able to attend.
--
Sent from my Nokia N900
Marcin

On Thu Aug  2 2012 10:38:47 AM CEST, Ивайло Димитров <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> Following the attached mail, I would like to propose a meeting of CSSU
> team and everyone who is involved/interested. The meeting to be help on
> #maemo-ssu IRC channel on freenode.net , today, 02.08.2012 18:00 UTC.
>
> Topics to be discussed:
>
> 1. Inclusion of kernel replacement in CSSU (community kernel) and
> possibilities of a kernel upgrade to a newer version. 2. Upgrade of
> toolchain used to build CSSU stuff. 3. glibc/kernel pselect() fix and
> evaluation/planning of glibc upgrade to a newer version.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ivaylo Dimitrov (freemangordon)
>
>
>
>

<Attachment>  CSSU meeting





--
Iván Gálvez Junquera



--
Iván Gálvez Junquera

_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Fwd: Fw: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]

Ивайло Димитров
In reply to this post by Marcin Mielniczuk
afaik merlin1991 is on holiday till monday, with "flaky inet" :).



-------- Оригинално писмо --------
От: Iván Gálvez Junquera
Относно: Fwd: Fw: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]
До: [hidden email]
Изпратено на: Петък, 2012, Август 17 19:16:10 EEST


Hi

I'm resending this message as I have noticed that it was rejected by maemo-developers mailing list as I wasn't properly subscribed.

I'd also like to comment that it would be useful to have scheduled meetings, considering the big momentum and the quantity of developers and contributors that CSSU is receiving. At least if it doesn't increase the overhead of the project.

Merlin1991,

Being the maintainer of CSSU, could you please provide, maybe via mailing list, the minutes of the meeting with a brief summary of the decisions adopted?

I know that logs are available, but there has been a lot of argumentation after the meeting, and It is appreciated if you can clarify which direction that is going to be adopted, specially about KP.

Regards and thanks for all the time you are investing on this.

Regards
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Iván Gálvez Junquera <ivgalvez@...>
Date: 2012/8/11
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]
To: maemo-developers@..., council@...
Cc: Ивайло Д <freemangordon@...>, Christian Ratzenhofer <christian_ratzenhofer@...>


Merlin1991,

Being the maintainer of CSSU, could you please provide, maybe via mailing list, the minutes of the meeting with a brief summary of the decisions adopted?

I know that logs are available, but there has been a lot of argumentation after the meeting, and It is appreciated if you can clarify which direction that is going to be adopted, specially about KP.

Regards and thanks for all the time you are investing on this.

2012/8/2 Marcin Mielniczuk <marmistrz@...>

I resend this as I sent it from wrong mail address :P

--
Sent from my Nokia N900
Marcin



---------- Mensaje reenviado ----------
From: Marcin Mielniczuk <marmistrzmar@...>
To: "Ивайло Д" <freemangordon@...>, maemo-developers@..., council@...
Cc: 
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:50:10 +0200
Subject: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]

Hi,

I have some debug info about eglibc I compiled but causes many problems.

I'm attaching gdb logs from Calendar and Angry Birds Classic for MeeGo, the 2nd one run thru MeeCoLay. Calendar from libc6 2.10 only, the AB problem exist with both version of glibc. hth.

I've got some more info about problems with libc6 from "gcc 4.6 and fremantle thread", I'll send it later.

I'm not at home and have a limited internet access, so I won't be able to attend.
--
Sent from my Nokia N900
Marcin

On Thu Aug  2 2012 10:38:47 AM CEST, Ивайло Димитров <freemangordon@...> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> Following the attached mail, I would like to propose a meeting of CSSU
> team and everyone who is involved/interested. The meeting to be help on
> #maemo-ssu IRC channel on freenode.net , today, 02.08.2012 18:00 UTC.
>
> Topics to be discussed:
>
> 1. Inclusion of kernel replacement in CSSU (community kernel) and
> possibilities of a kernel upgrade to a newer version. 2. Upgrade of
> toolchain used to build CSSU stuff. 3. glibc/kernel pselect() fix and
> evaluation/planning of glibc upgrade to a newer version.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ivaylo Dimitrov (freemangordon)
>
>
>
>

<Attachment>  CSSU meeting





--
Iván Gálvez Junquera



--
Iván Gálvez Junquera
 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Гражданска отговорност – Цените на компаниите
_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Fwd: Fw: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]

Christian Ratzenhofer
The "meeting" basically had 2 discussion points:

#1 adoption of a kernel into cssu
#2 upgrade of the toolchain used to build cssu

As for the kernel, and the libc select/pselect bug that could be fixed with an updated kernel we still haven't come to a clear decision.
freemangordon suggested to take the power kernel and strip it of unstable patches, which leads to the problem of how to review the patches kernel power contains.
Another solution would be to take the current nokia provided kernel source and backport only necessary patches to keep a system that is as stable as possible. For this job nobody stepped forward though.
I personally would prefer the second solution since it should be the users choice if they want everything (or even a subset) of the features/changes the power kernel brings to their device, whilst the select/pselect bug has to be fixed regardless if the kernel is as stock as it can get or if it's the power kernel.
Here we reached no real decision, but if a maintainer for a patched stock kernel shows up it will be integrated quickly.

The upgraded toolchain is if anything something for future.
Cssu-thumb already uses an upgraded toolchain because otherwise it wouldn't work, so it could provide a benchmark of the stability of a chosen toolchain in the future, but there was no decision as to when or if we change the toolchain that is is used for -testing and -stable.

Am 18.08.2012 10:38, schrieb Ивайло Димитров:
afaik merlin1991 is on holiday till monday, with "flaky inet" :).



-------- Оригинално писмо --------
От: Iván Gálvez Junquera
Относно: Fwd: Fw: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]
До: [hidden email]
Изпратено на: Петък, 2012, Август 17 19:16:10 EEST


Hi

I'm resending this message as I have noticed that it was rejected by maemo-developers mailing list as I wasn't properly subscribed.

I'd also like to comment that it would be useful to have scheduled meetings, considering the big momentum and the quantity of developers and contributors that CSSU is receiving. At least if it doesn't increase the overhead of the project.

Merlin1991,

Being the maintainer of CSSU, could you please provide, maybe via mailing list, the minutes of the meeting with a brief summary of the decisions adopted?

I know that logs are available, but there has been a lot of argumentation after the meeting, and It is appreciated if you can clarify which direction that is going to be adopted, specially about KP.

Regards and thanks for all the time you are investing on this.

Regards
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Iván Gálvez Junquera <ivgalvez@...>
Date: 2012/8/11
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]
To: maemo-developers@..., council@...
Cc: Ивайло Д <freemangordon@...>, Christian Ratzenhofer <christian_ratzenhofer@...>


Merlin1991,

Being the maintainer of CSSU, could you please provide, maybe via mailing list, the minutes of the meeting with a brief summary of the decisions adopted?

I know that logs are available, but there has been a lot of argumentation after the meeting, and It is appreciated if you can clarify which direction that is going to be adopted, specially about KP.

Regards and thanks for all the time you are investing on this.

2012/8/2 Marcin Mielniczuk <marmistrz@...>

I resend this as I sent it from wrong mail address :P

--
Sent from my Nokia N900
Marcin


---------- Mensaje reenviado ----------
From: Marcin Mielniczuk <marmistrzmar@...>
To: "Ивайло Д" <freemangordon@...>, maemo-developers@..., council@...
Cc: 
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:50:10 +0200
Subject: Re: [Fw: CSSU meeting ]
Hi,

I have some debug info about eglibc I compiled but causes many problems.

I'm attaching gdb logs from Calendar and Angry Birds Classic for MeeGo, the 2nd one run thru MeeCoLay. Calendar from libc6 2.10 only, the AB problem exist with both version of glibc. hth.

I've got some more info about problems with libc6 from "gcc 4.6 and fremantle thread", I'll send it later.

I'm not at home and have a limited internet access, so I won't be able to attend.
--
Sent from my Nokia N900
Marcin

On Thu Aug  2 2012 10:38:47 AM CEST, Ивайло Димитров <freemangordon@...> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> Following the attached mail, I would like to propose a meeting of CSSU
> team and everyone who is involved/interested. The meeting to be help on
> #maemo-ssu IRC channel on freenode.net , today, 02.08.2012 18:00 UTC.
>
> Topics to be discussed:
>
> 1. Inclusion of kernel replacement in CSSU (community kernel) and
> possibilities of a kernel upgrade to a newer version. 2. Upgrade of
> toolchain used to build CSSU stuff. 3. glibc/kernel pselect() fix and
> evaluation/planning of glibc upgrade to a newer version.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ivaylo Dimitrov (freemangordon)
>
>
>
>

<Attachment>  CSSU meeting





--
Iván Gálvez Junquera



--
Iván Gálvez Junquera
 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Гражданска отговорност – Цените на компаниите

_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers


_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers
Loading...