Fremantle. Transparency in Home applet

Vlad Vasiliev
Hi All,

If there any real example  how  transparency is made for Home applet on
Fremantle?
Early in Maemo-4 I used method expose for parent widget of applet and
function  hildon_desktop_picture_from_drawable from
libhildondesktop/hildon-desktop-picture.h
In Fremantle this function is absent.

Vlad.

Re: Fremantle. Transparency in Home applet

Kimmo Hämäläinen
On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 12:51 +0200, ext Vlad Vasiliev wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> If there any real example  how  transparency is made for Home applet on
> Fremantle?
> Early in Maemo-4 I used method expose for parent widget of applet and
> function  hildon_desktop_picture_from_drawable from
> libhildondesktop/hildon-desktop-picture.h
> In Fremantle this function is absent.

You can use alpha channel for your window. You can use e.g.
gdk_screen_get_rgba_colormap() to get a suitable colormap and then set
it with gdk_widget_set_colormap() to your window. After that you can use
e.g. Cairo to draw your window in RGBA.

-Kimmo