Meeting held 2015-11-24 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting
**Attending: **Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen), Bernardo Reino (reinob), Halit Bal (HtheB), Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme)
**Partial: **Rudiger Schiller (chem|st)
**Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):**
* Council roles reorganization
* Spam mail through Maemo accounts
* How to handle user requests to remove projects
* Code of Conduct
* Maemo Coding Competition 2015
* Elections handling and management
**(Topic Council roles reorganization): **
* It was suggested that juiceme as the interim Council secretary should continue in the secretarial role, while other chair roles should be performed by HtheB.
* Juiceme accepted the motion on the concession that minutes might be a bit late on publishing due to fair amount of other urgent work. This was okayed by the Council.
**(Topic Spam mail through Maemo accounts): **
* There is spam email coming to the Council mail bouncer and the Maemo mailing lists. As an addition to the general annoyement caused by spam email there is also the issue of the "bad press" Maemo could be getting when allowing spamming though our infrastructure.
* There was a lot of talk about the issue, as it is a bundle of different things; spam trough the council/board/techstaff bouncers is difficult to handle but it affects only few people, but spam to community/development lists has potential to go to thousands of users.
* The mailing lists are protected, there is subscription and moderation to take care of the spam.
* It seems that maemo.org mail server might be vulnerable to spoofed spam mail, however the recipients for that are single users, not multiple targets. That needs to be solved with techstaff help.
* Otherwice spam is unfortunately fact of life due to the structure/specification of SMTP mail; it is largely responsibility of the email recipients to have sufficent filtering on their inboxes..
**(Topic How to handle user requests to remove projects): **
* An user was unable to remove his garage project and user account. Shold that be possible, or is techstaff assistance always required?
**(Topic Code of Conduct): **
* It was decided that the Code of Conduct should be published in both Wiki and legal/terms-of-use pages.
* Reinob has published the CoC to the mailing list.
**(Topic Maemo Coding Competition 2015): **
* Discussion on competition continues in the Council, when the rules are sorted out it will be published.
**(Topic Elections handling and management): **
* Juiceme offered to have introduction to the voting engine for new Council members.
* old items:
* <s>The selected Code of Conduct ([KDE](https://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/)) still needs to be published on TMO.</s>
* Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
* <s>Arrange Council status on TMO for new Council members</s>
* new items:
* Discuss spam handling with techstaff.
* Finalize the coding competition rules.
maemo-community mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|